Thread: Pain meds
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 09:11 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Pain meds

I have to confess that i have been feeling very depressed and thought it would be better if i refrained from writing or reading in this forum, but now i need to

I had refused taking drugs because i am young and i didn't want to depend on them to feel good. However I realize i am not feeling very good and i am a bit desperate and depressed. My last neuro precribed amitrityline and lyrica. i took both for very little time. I am wonering now if i should give both a try now, or one of them. My pain is tolerable but i still hate it and it becomes worse when i am reading or trying to do activities i used to enjoy. For that reason it is very difficult for me to perform well at work, because my jobs consists on reading writting tasks. I cannot quit my job and i don't want to. I would be more depressed. i would just like to be able to concentrate better without being thinking about my pain. The doctor had prescribed 25 mg of amittriptyline but i am thinking perhaps the dose was very low and that is way i didn't get any releif from the little time i took it. So... do you think i should go into meds?? If so, what is the dosage i should take and how long do i have to wait for the drug to take full efect?

I am so worriend about possible side effects, like suicidal thoughts!! or pain becoming worse... Is it worth a try??
Monica de Lara is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote