View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 03:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Vic,

CRPS I is RSD with no known nerve injury, CRPS II is what used to be called causalgia, or RSD with major nerve injury. And yes, a stellate ganglion block is what you want done as a diagnostic test for RSD, and a series of these should be done as they can help reduce the pain and MAY be able to put the RSD into remission if done early enough.

Lisa, Have you actually spoken with a Pain Mgmnt Dr or Anesthesiologist who is really knowledgeable about treating RSD? I think there is no reason not to try the SGB's to see if they help, while it may be too late to put the RSD into remission, I've heard of many Dr's who do them for patients in order to reduce their pain level. Seems to me they can't know how they will work for a person until they at least give them a try, from what I've heard. I know there are a couple of really good RSD Drs in Chicago, don't know if that is a possibility for you, but think you might benefit from another opinion completely apart from this group of Drs you've been seeing.

I know after my vaccine injury my Dr's group was not helpful, they were more concerned about helping him keep his you-know-what covered, I had to go to Dr Togut in PA (I'm in IL) to get a dx , really most of the help I've gotten has been outside this medical group as they have tried to deny my dx and appropriate treatment due to the risk management people (lawyers) .

I think you would probably get better treatment by going elsewhere, if a Dr or hospital "messes up" on a patient once, their lawyers will basically tell them not to offer any tests or treatment that could confirm that they messed up - even though it may be treatment you need. They're looking out for their interests first. I learned the hard way you have to look out for your own, by finding Drs who are not associated in ANY way with the original Dr's medical group.

Best of luck, feel free to PM me if you want!

beth
beth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote