Thread: Lynnie...
View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 01:08 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello again...

Regarding the OCD... I think my daughters symptoms are manageable now... but it did really interfere with their lives before. My older girl got so fed up with it she used to cry herself to sleep, that's if she could get to sleep. lol We were just talking about this a couple of months ago when she very proudly announced that she has some control over it now. She said she just got so sick of it one day and decided it was not going to rule her anymore and after all those years she feels better. Ofcourse it is still there but she has learnt to de-stress alot. { she has a managerial position so something had to give. lol}

My younger daughter with OCD is on medication for depression now which also seems to have eased her OCD.
She has had some very dark days and nights that girl.

There is also the tendency to be obsessed with "needing to know" something... that can end up really peeing others off. This goes beyond the usual "Tell me now!" thing.

The constant needing to check things, and feeling something bad would happen if they didn't carry out a ritual was a big problem for my girls too. {and for me at one stage too, I think age and logic helped me ease that one. lol}

My son seems to have some behavioural problems with his TS... it can be more of a problem then his tics. He use to be so placid. He behaves in school but lets it out at home... usually with me and his sisters. Apart from that he is a great little boy who is very protective of his family. Love him to bits.

I'm looking forward to hearing more of your story... you have a way with words...

Take care,
Lyn.
lynnie1264 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (10-03-2008), Koala77 (10-04-2008), Twinkletoes (10-03-2008), who moi (10-01-2008)