View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 03:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Denise,

The Limbrel was prescribed (and it is a prescription) by my spinal pain management doctor. It comes in 250mg and 500mg and if you want to know more about its mechanism you can read about it on Limbrel.com. Anyway, she had me to try samples she had first and I took the 500mg. I noticed a difference overnight although it DOES say it can take a few weeks. And it CAN cause GI upset. Lately I have been taking the 250mg once a day although it was prescribed for twice a day. Ugh, just haven't been consistent because I keep forgetting to take it. But it did and does work...for me anyway. Some say they haven't a noticed difference but others have said they were right back to golfing. Oh, and I don't know what insurance you have but my own covered it.

The aqua therapy was prescribed also by my PM and my Neurologist both. And yes, I had one on one training until I learned all the exercises. It helps a great deal although you do have to be consistent with it. I was going twice a week sometimes three times a week.

The pillow was a Tempurpedic; I have used the imitation ones over the years and they flatten out in no time. The Tempurpedic and I have had two of them (only because I lost one of them) have lasted for a long time now. I bought mine at Relax the Back but I have seen them in mattress stores or maybe you can get it online. The knee pillow can be found anywhere I think but the last time I saw them was in CVS and in another compounding pharmacy.

And the pain started in my cervical spine. But, according to the NS the arthritis was there for a long time (evidence to that affect); having a hysterectomy (actually the intubation process) they think triggered all the pain. Anyway, you just never know will it crop up next which is why I had total bone scan; not to be confused with bone DENSITY scan. So, yep, it is everywhere. The only place I didn't see it were my hands and arms. I also had a bone density scan last year and that was fine. So, no osteoporosis anywhere...just OA.

The other thing is you can take fish oil. I take Lovaza which is also a prescription. The thing is you could take OTC but you would have to take a LOT to make up for the amount that is in the Lovaza. Just saying though that fish oil can help with inflammation. My thing is that I am just not into taking a ton of supplements simply because I think it can be dangerous or have a potential reaction with my regular medications. But these two were fine and recommended again by PM; the Lovaza by the Cardiologist. Others have a different take on it; but I prefer to go by what is recommended by the docs since they know my history.

I hope this helps a little.
Kathi49 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Denise R (10-16-2008), mistiis (10-10-2008)