View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 04:44 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Wow

Billie, I don't know what your "underlying" problem is, but there are two other boards you might find helpful. One is the gastroparesis board. Not here, but I think they have their own support group. I think the gastroparesis people have what you have, but it starts from above. Some have experience with the medtronic stim device. Another board is the cauda equina board. Because that is certainly what you've got now.

I, too, had cauda equina, but it was caught quickly enough for most of the problems to resolve. As soon as I had the laminectomy and fusion, the bottom half of my body started working better.

But I don't understand what you have: do you have degenrative spine disease which was allowed to persist so long it devastated you? Or do you have a widespread peripheral neuropathy with autonomic neuropathy that totally denervated your organs?

Usually, I post on the periheral neuropathy board, and some folk there have autonomic involvement.

--- LYME neuropathy diagnosed in 2009; considered "idiopathic" neuropathy 1996 - 2009
---s/p laminectomy and fusion L3/4/5 Feb 2006 for a synovial spinal cyst
LizaJane is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote