View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 06:18 PM
Elder Member

15 yr Member
Elder Member

15 yr Member

oh yes it would be so awesome, my son said dad thats not a good idea people would get hurt, I said so, they should keep their mouths shut then , he was apalled at my answer lol, I told him Sean this is a dream I Have held since the 69 cubs did a nose dive in august with some of the best players that ever touched a field, kessinger, santo, williams, huntley, becker, banks, hands, jenkins, holtzman

when I was a kid there was either a scout function or church one I don't recall that, but we got to have this banquet size lunch with Ernie Banks and Randy Huntley, they talked to us and asked us questions, one on one, about moral and future plans we got to shake their hands and we got autographed mini baseball bats

my house was a joke during B Ball season dad was a south sider mom was north sider, so dad and me could listen to the sox on a radio and mom.... got the tv for cubs games lol oh yeah I am a weird one i like both teams but have to say my heart pains for the cubbies and their fans to see them win if it came down to sox vs cubbies

if they go to the world series, I will be making a run to wisconsin for some fireworks, I had a 5-7 minute display box for the sox a few years ago

when i was a kid it was baseball baseball baseball, right field out, running base, 500, pinners(that was off the front steps), we play street ball too in the ally, my first position was catcher I even won park dist champs a few years in a row, I have always like baseball a lot(hockey too)

History doesn't repeat itself, but it does rhyme.............................Mark Twain

Last edited by weegot5kiz; 10-01-2008 at 07:23 PM.
weegot5kiz is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ewizabeth (10-04-2008)