View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 06:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Hang in there!

I know this is a frustrating disease! It is also very scary, especially since some days you feel "normal" and other days it is hard to get out of bed. If your doc says you have MG, then chances are you have MG. You may want a second or even third opinion, but stay on your meds! I am not a dr., but mine got to the point to where breathing and swallowing became a real issue, in fact I was in the ICU for a while there - not fun!

I also wake up and hope that this is all a bad dream, but it's not. On the positive side, this disease can be controlled (for the most part) - just make sure you have a good neuro - that can be a life saver!

In the meantime, try and take it easy and not stress too much ( I know you probably think thats a joke, but stress really does effect MG)..........

What meds are you on? I'm on 20 mg of prednisone, 1000 mg of cellcept and 480 of mestinon. I also work 6 days a week most weeks, so you will be able to resume your normal life soon - just don't wait too late and always take your meds! Steroids worked miracles for me - mestinon not a much

Take care!
Erin