View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 10:24 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by InHisHands View Post
Does anyone have any jaw problems from RSD? Do you have problems with muscle spasming/ locked jaw??? Any pain when chewing?

Thanks.
I have had TMJ for most of my life, pre-existing to my RSD. Now that I've had RSD for 6 years I have seen a horrible deterioration and increased pain in my jaw and neck. I wear a custom splint night guard on my upper teeth and this helps somewhat. I use some neck stretches that physio taught me and they help a little too. Mostly when it becomes unbearable I use moist heat around my neck and jaw and this really helps. I was taught years ago to keep the tip of my tongue just behind my teeth on the upper roof of my mouth. This helps to remind me not to clench my teeth together, it seems to hold my lower jaw a little forward too taking preasure off the joint of my jaw.

I have a friend who sees Dr. Schwartzman, she also has major jaw pain. Dr. Schwartzman just said that the jaw is a common problem among CRPS sufferers and that it typically stems from the cervical plexis. She had a cevical plexis block.

Hope this helps.

MsL
Mslday is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote