View Single Post
Old 10-01-2008, 11:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Thanks!

Thanks Maurice and Erin. I am taking mestinon only, 180 mg per day. Seems like a pretty low dose, but its making me drool like a rabid animal (which I have to admit is a little bit amusing). I am a singer/guitar player, so this problem with my hands and arms and slobbering is especially depressing. I am really looking forward to the moment when I start slurring my speech and dropping my guitar onstage - they'll all say I'm on drugs. Had to cancel a charity performance tonight and I'm really bitter about it.

I know I need to give it time, but the medication does not seem to be working and in fact makes me feel really horrible about thirty minutes after taking it. (Feels like the mg symptoms, only more weakness than before I took it). I am in a lot of pain from trying to keep my head up. It seems worse now than before I starting getting treated. I am willing to keep this up for another week but if it doesn't start making me better soon, I think I'd rather not keep taking it. Steroids are out of the question - had to do that once for a back injury and they made me nuts.

Erin, I felt terrible reading about your breathing problems and ICU visits. I'm so sorry for you. That must have been really scary.

I'm learning to stop being angry and self pitying. I know there are many worse things out there and in some ways I really dodged a bullet. (MS or brain tumor would have been a heck of a lot worse.) Your support has been really helpful; please stay in touch.

K
KTunes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote