View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 08:14 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart

I am so sorry that you are going through all of that

I agree with the others, please be very careful and do a lot of research before you decide to have any surgery on your limb that has RSD!! I had a nerve block in July 2007 when I was first diagnosed with RSD, My PM Doctor injected directly into my leg that has RSD and I ended up suffering from complications, I developed balance and co-ordination problems and was in a wheelchair for over a year. It was only when I had the nerve block that my mom found an article on the internet stating that you should NEVER inject directly into a limb that has RSD unless you absolutely have to. In April of this year, I developed an ingrown toenail on my RSD foot and had to have what was supposed to be a minor procedure. The procedure caused me to developed really bad muscle spasms. I don't want to scare you by any
means, I just wanted to warn you about what happened to me when I had those operations. I read an article that say's that to prevent the risk of RSD spreading during surgery, many doctor's give their patients a nerve block before and after and it can work well.

I also have difficulties moving my knee and foot. I have a condition called Dystonia as well as the RSD, some of the symptoms you are describing sound like the symptoms I experience. My foot is locked out to the side and I can't move it. Dystonia can occur in people that have RSD and the main symptoms are limbs locking into position and muscle spasms/tremors.

I wish I could help you more. Just know that I am here for you if you ever need to talk.

Love, Alison