View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 08:40 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Heart School Update

Hi everyone,

Thank you all so much for all of your help and support with my return back into school, I truly do appreciate it!

I started back at school yesterday, I am only going to school for the first 2 periods (lessons) of the day at the moment. I am getting on OK although I am still VERY nervous as I haven't met all of the children yet. Because of my condition, the school have allowed someone to come in and give me some additional support. This person helps me with my bags and books, let's me out of lessons early, helps me in class if I am struggeling etc. Because I need this additional support, the school have had to drop me down sets so instead of being in set 1 (The top set) for English, I am now in Set 3 which I don't think is really fair. My mom spoke to the school today and they said that they are going to try and get me back into the set's that I should be in with my friends. The Science class that I am in at the moment is pretty bad, all the children do is run, scream, shout etc so we can never get any work done!! I forgot how loud and noisey school is after not going for almost 2 years lol.

My friends are helping me with things thankfully, although they want to run around and I obviously can't as I am on crutches. It's really annoying when people keep saying "What is up with you? Why does your leg rotate outwards and why does it shake so much?", but I guess it is just something I have to get used to, I knew to expect that anyhow. I was in form today and there was only one seat left next to one of my "friends" so my form teacher asked my "friend" if I could sit next to her and she said "NO, SHE CAN NOT!!". I couldn't believe it when she said that and it really upset me. The girl that said that thinks that she has RSD too and she keeps asking me what the symptoms of RSD are, she has even been to see my PM Doctor who told her that she doesn't have RSD and that she should stop faking it. Somehow, she is jealous of the fact that I get out of class early, I just can't understand why anyone would want RSD!!!

Most of my teachers are OK and are understanding. They allow me to sit at the back or the front of the class so that my leg wont get knocked etc and explain things to me which is good. Obviously some of the teachers aren't that understanding but the Disabillity Teacher told me that if I have any problems I have to go and see her and she will sort things out. I saw the school's Psychologist today and she asked how I was getting on, I told her not too bad but I was really tired and she said that she would try and help me cope with that.

I am still going to have my home tuition. My tutor came on Tuesday to help me with a few things and he is going to come again tomorrow to help me with my homework - I have a stack of it to do!! Hopefully my teachers should be understanding if I can't get it all in on time. If the transition back into school doesn't go as well as we hope, I can have 3 nights a week of home tuiton. The school's going to be lead by how I feel so when I feel up to it, they will allow me to come back into school for more hours.

I will keep you all updated. I am going to go lay down now as I am so exhausted, sorry for rambling on and on!!

Take care, Alison
Sandel (10-03-2008), Twinkletoes (10-03-2008)