View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 11:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Anti-inflammation Diet.

Hi Shari:
Great question. You will find a great deal of information in the book The fat resistance diet, by Dr Leo Galland M.D. This Dr also tell you all about inflammation and the impact it has on the pancreas.
When we have a problem with inflammation in our body then it sets off an immune system response. If our immune system can not turn inflammation off then we have all the auto-immune diseases you see today.
You also will have weight gain that just gets out of control.
I like Dr Gallands book because there is no special things you have to go get at a health food store. I use what I get from my supermarket.
He also has the immune system soup that I use. I make a large pot and because it is full of veggies it looks funny. What I do with it is I put a couple of cups of the soup into the blender and make it a cream soup. Then your not trying to get it down you.
This is enough for a week for my hubby and I.
I also agree with Orthomolecular. With out proteloytic enzymes which are papain, bromelain, amylase, pancreatin, lypase, our whole body will not function well. Nothing gets done without them. Our cells then do not communicate very well.
There are many studies on how they decrease inflammation and pain.
Even if our diet is a good one we need this type of enzymes so the organs that make them will not become over burdened.
Hope this helps. Jolaine.
Jolaine is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Vowel Lady (10-02-2008)