View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 11:31 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

We've got an actual thief living down the street from me.

This lady lives right next door to my aunt (across the street from me)

The thief just moved back into the neighborhood (she'd divorced her husband 2 1/2yrs ago, and I guess the reconciled recently)

When she lived in the neighborhood before, my aunt noticed landscaping items disappearing from her yard. Then she noticed some vandalism (things that were too heavy for one person to steal were getting smashed)

Then things started to disappear out of her garage. (my aunt has a bad habit of leaving the garage door open)

One Easter, my aunt hid Easter eggs in her backyard, and she left baskets on her patio table. Right at her own back door. Little while later, she heard talking in the backyard. Looked out back, the neighbor and her grandkids were hunting easter eggs. In my aunt's backyard. Carrying the baskets that my aunt had set out on her patio table while waiting for her daughters and the one grandchild she had at the time.

My aunt went out into the backyard and stared at this woman and she just stared back. No apology, no offer to return the baskets (my cousins had used those baskets every year since they were babies. Now the baskets are gone)

I've never seen anyone as brazen as crazy neighbor thief is. She's been moved back into her ex-new-husband's house for about 2 weeks. Someone was in my aunt's house the other night (no proof it was neighbor lady) but it's starting to cause my aunt to feel like she's being stalked. Whoever it was, they went thru the open garage door.

My aunt was at my house, in our front yard. Went went into my backyard for a minute to put away some chairs, came back up, and the nightlight in my aunt's garage that's a motion sensor light was on. You have to walk almost all the way into the garage to activate the light, and when she had her dog, a pug, the light couldnt pick up the dog, and she was larger than a cat, so we dont think the neighborhood stray cat set it off.

My dad is thinking of putting video cameras up in our garage and backyard and at our front door. I want an extra camera on our house aimed at my aunt's house. All hooked up to a computer hard drive. I just have to figure out if there's a system out there that we can afford.

Some neighbors can be irritating, cant they?

~ "Animals have two functions in society. To taste good and to fit well." ~ Greg Proops, actor ~
Erin524 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FranksAngel (10-04-2008), Kitty (10-02-2008)