View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 01:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Paula - little late but

Quote:
Originally Posted by paula_w View Post
I've had stomach problems forever it seems...lots of right side pain after eating fats, oils,a few times sending me to the ER wondering if it was something more acute like pancreatitis. These digestive difficulties go so far back....to my late teens.

paula

Paula, for years Ive had a number of similar symptoms that would appear anywhere from a few days to weeks apart.

Severe stomach pain - felt like gas but unresponsive goes away suddenly after 5 - 30 minutes.

Queasy stomach leading to violent attempts to vomit - goes away after just a teaspoon of contents released usually at night.

After having had these attacks for years with no diagnosis or satisfactory treatment I had an attack of right side stomach pain that was orders of magnitude worse than any I had ever had and lasting a long weekend. After 2 days at emergency with no relief one doctor finally got it right.

As Lee suggested ---------- GALLBLADDER -------. Turns out I had gallstones and subsequent infection and was treated with muscle relaxent and antibiotics without surgery as it was a first attack.

Result - no pains and stomach upsets for 2 years now.

take care ,,, ken
KC Tower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote