View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 04:51 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cognitive Issues - Help

Anyone ever have a flare that was mostly cognitive and then resolved?

I'm getting pretty worried about what's left of my brain. I am making huge mistakes in every aspect of my life. I cannot even figure out how to figure out things.

These are things I used to be really good at like budgeting and planning stuff. For instance, I have been trying to figure out how to automate payments and can't for the life of me figure out how to figure out the right amount of money to keep in my bill paying account so that I can just let it do it's thing.

I have ZERO confidence in my ability to write the correct numbers from reading them off the calculator because I am making so many mistakes. I also have no confidence that I am remembering when and where I am supposed to be correctly.

I just got my neuro appt all mixed up with last year's and almost went a day too soon. In fact, I had my DH take the day off today so he could go with me and now I find out that the appt is tomorrow when he is working!

I am leaving letters out of words when writing them and making bizarre spelling errors (I was a spelling champ in a former life). One spelling error that kind of got me was the word sterling, I keep wanting to type it as sterline. Why??? If it wasn't for spell check, it would look like everything was written by my 8 year old.

I cannot multi-task at all. If I am interrupted, whatever I was doing gets dumped from my memory until someone starts looking for it. Even then, it seems like a distant memory like something I was working on last year rather than an hour ago.

I am really hoping this is some kind of flare and that it will get better. So, did anyone else ever have bad cognitive issues that went away? Someone give me some hope here!

Take me back to days full of monkeyshines
Bouncin' on a bubble full of trouble in the summer sun
Keep your raft from the riverboat
Fiction over fact always has my vote
And wrinkles only go where the smiles have been...

Jimmy Buffett from "Barefoot Children in the Rain"

hollym is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
TwoKidsTwoCats (10-02-2008)