Old 11-14-2006, 09:19 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Thank you Shirley!!!

I shall do my best.

Oh, I forgot to mention the best part.

As I was sitting across from the doctor I said to him: "Because I am still losing and I have more to go, when I am finished and I weigh what a woman is supposed to weigh, what do I do about any lose skin on my stomach and my thighs. (Now people, please don't think I'm a vain tomato, but when you lose over 100 lbs, there is SOME SKIN, if you know what I mean).

He looks at me and says "well, concerning your arms, that's considered elective and your insurance won't cover it". I said "what about my tummy?" and he said "oh yeah, I think I could give you a referral because in some cases, excess skin can cause infections and we might be able to do this". I said "my thighs too??" and he said "why not??"

Why not:?:?:?:?: Is he serious? He then said to me "But melody, you have to lose all the rest of your weight and keep it stable". And I said "are you kidding, this has been a journey for the past 5 years, I will do it". "And then you can weigh me any damm time you wish".

He laughed. Now wouldn't that be something. I may indeed get to have an extreme makeover.

I'm not counting on anything but it would be nice to dream now wouldn't it?

When I got home from the doctor, Alan looks at me and says "So what happened?" I just looked at him and said dreamily, I'm getting a tummy tuck, new thighs and new body" and I walked into the other room. He follows me and says "oh my god, what is this going to cost"???

I burst out laughing.

Melody

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote