View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 08:36 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Cindy...I genuinely apologize if this post seemed to only apply to the U.K. ... I know poverty is a global problem, even in the U.S.

The government assistance programme, and even charity programmes, are frequently abused here too...usually by folks who are well enough off already...leaving the poorest of the poor with no asistance to access as the pot has ben bled dry by fraudulent claims.

We also have corporations here who do as much work as possible in the community and donate vast amounts to on the ground projects. Even if it is just to spite the taxman...lol...is anyone whose only source of food is a soup kitchen really going to argue on motive?

Having said that...many corporations are genuine. A group of city financiers here recently set up a trust fund to help all they genuinely could in the poverty pockets they are surrounded by. They came to this neighborhood and...shame on us..we were genuinely skeptical of them at first but...they have came through for us more than once.

Example: they recently donated $20k to a community project that works with families living in poverty. It has genuinely made a HUGE difference.

It just saddens me that things are in such a mess here...it was nowhere near enough but BLESS THEM for caring and helping!

Thank You SO much for replying to a subject dear to my heart.

Much Peace and Love to you
AfterMyNap (10-02-2008), FranksAngel (10-05-2008), who moi (10-02-2008)