Thread: Is it Tarlov?
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2008, 11:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Cyst surgery

I'm new to the site and would love to know if you had success with surgery? I have 3 small cysts on my sacral and would like to have them taken care of. I have bowel and bladder problems, some pain, and tingling in my toes. Thanks! Chris

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annette View Post
Hi Tobi,

I don't know how big mine is. It's located on the middle of my tailbone (S3 region). I had an MRI done 3 years ago & it showed I had it then. However, they were not concerned @ that time. I only had chronic back pain during that time. 3 years later, I did another MRI which shoed the cyst & mild bulging disks @ L3/4 & L4/5. I now have constant burning throughout bottom, legs, ankles, feet. I've even had some burning in my hands & arms. I do have bowel incontinence but bladder seems to be fine. The NS said that the burning wouldn't be caused from the cyst??? I am having an upper MRI done tomorrow. I did the nerve testing with the Neurologist last week. All nerves & muscles looked good. Still no cause for the burning yet. I've been checked for thyroid issues, diabetes & Vitamin B12 Deficiency. All were negative. If it is not upper back, my opinion it's either the cyst or start of periphial neuropathy. I do have some symptoms of the neurophathy. ??? This can be caused from an accident/injury or even use of medications. The burning started back in 11/07. My family physician has put me on Neurotin (100mg) for now & only taken @ night. It does make you drowsy, which I was fine with that because I am not sleeping @ night. I also take Xanax for anxiety. I can only take (3) a day .5mg/ea. So I've been spreading that out through the day. The meds have calmed my burning down. It's not completely gone away, but it's gone from a 9/10 to a 3/4. It's been very frustrating mentally & physically. I do have a desk job & it makes it tough sitting all day. I had to buy an expensive chair pad & back rest. This helped with my lower back pain only not the burning. Sometimes I wonder if stress plays a role in it. The last 6 mo. for me have been amazingly stressful. It's nice to talk to others who are experiencing similar physical ailments & try to reach a diagnosis. I do know after reviewing some info. off the internet, not a lot of NS want to mess with the cyst(s). Too many risks involved. I have heard of Dr. Frank Feigenbaum from Kansas, MO. I live in Illinois. I'm not sure how close that is from here.

Are you having the cyst removed or just aspirated?

Please keep me posted on the results of your surgery. I do appreciate it.

Annette
surfpa816 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote