View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 01:04 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Talked to the doc today. He says I can switch to the lower dose four times a day(rather than the timespan) if I want to, but thinks I should stick with the one I'm taking and deal with the drooling. Tonight has been really great! I haven't had a single problem, with the exception of the ever present double vision (but even that wasn't even bad enough to use the patch).

I read somewhere that surgery can be a problem for MG patients. I wonder if my surgery in July was what made me start to have symptoms? Interesting. I thought at that time that the double vision was being caused by the pain meds I was on for a few weeks post surgery, which is why I waited so long so see a doctor.

Redtail - I see you're from Australia. I was supposed to tour there this summer but I had to have back surgery in July so I couldn't do it. I LOVE Australia - the wildlife is so wonderful. I can't wait to get back there next year.

Erin - your karaoke comment make me giggle, thanks for that! Yeah, steroids are brutal. I can't believe anyone would comment on weight gain. How very rude. I gained a few pounds from steroids last April and was a raging nightmare to be around. I too ate everything in sight!

Neutro- thanks so much for your sound advice. I did tell the doc everything and it was very reassuring to hear that I wasn't overdosing or anything scary.

GaBelle - nice to meet you and thank you so much for taking the time to write. I hope the mestinon ends up working out for me.

Goodnight all. I'm in the studio tomorrow so let's hope I have a symptom free day!

K
KTunes is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote