View Single Post
Old 11-14-2006, 11:42 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Cyndi,

Welcome!

If you don't feel well eating gluten, then you could definitely be gluten sensitive. I was never diagnosed by blood tests. I have been diagnosed by alternative testing methods. I have seen three different practitioners, and they all said that gluten doesn't agree with me. In addition to gluten, soy, dairy, corn, quinoa, and nuts do not agree with me. When I cut them all out of my diet, I feel better. I'm working to heal my gut to see if I can start adding some of them back in. You also may not be celiac but may have leaky gut syndrome, which is what I think I have. Then it's a chicken and egg thing. Which came first? The food sensitivity or the leaky gut? If you have taken a lot of antibiotics, chances are you have leaky gut syndrome. Also, considering that you have chemical sensitivities, then you may also be sensitive to these types of "modern" foods that have been highly modified over the years (gluten grains, dairy, corn, and soy). These foods are not the same foods that were raised and eaten 200 years ago.

You may also consider genetic testing for celiac disease/gluten sensitivity (Enterolab tests for both) and testing for leaky gut syndrome.

Claire