Thread: Lynnie...
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 09:16 AM
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member
'Thanks' Button Team Community Member T.K.S.

Location: with the Brady Bunch, honey bunch,and now the crazy bunch
15 yr Member

gosh...

I can relate to EVERYTHING you've mentioned...

((((BIG HUGS))))

your little boy...the behavioral (or behavioural, depending on which side of her majesty's ocean we live in. )problem sounds so familiar...

I did my share of taking it out at home as well...

here is my thought on that:

I think part of it is the suppressing of the tics while he was in school.

I know that when I was in school (and even now) I try hard to suppress my tics, even though people knew that I ticced, I still suppressed it.

Ever had an itch you can't scratch...then, finally you're able to scratch it...

I can imagine if he's suppressing that ALL day at school...and how that could become part of his frustration.

There may be "let out moments" where he'll let them loose, but it is NEVER fully loose...so, when he gets home, that release comes out...

thus the other part: it's being release not only in the form of tics but maybe anger, frustration, shouting, or other "behaviour" problems...

with holding tics can be very draining both mentally and physically...

I know that whenever I'd have to hold it in for a long time, I can become quite irritable....

I remembered that I was angry ALL the time...didn't know why..I would always wanted to throw things...

when I got older, I would buy a lot of eggs and cheap plates and I'd go out back and just throw them...it felt good to see the eggs crack....or the cheap plates crack...(I am not suggesting this, I am sure there are better ways, LOL)

I also was into cutting veggies up...just taking a cleaver to lettuce really really helped....

this was years ago when TS was still a mystery...

perhaps finding out a way to let him vent his frustrations out would help.

I know video games has helped me as well...

I remember when video games was a controversial topic in the TS chatroom...
some parents say that it made their kids ticced more and then there is that "violence" factor...

I don't play shoot them ups...I play fantasy ones where we fight monsters vs going out and rob people...and I, myself have found those to be very "healing"

yes, it might intensify the tics, but I just tic away with it and then release it through fighting the monsters...

in talking with some TSers themselves, we have found that was a nice release....

of course, not trying to endorse violent video games...especially the ones where they are shooting people...

but I think the right video games might help ease some "tension" .

and perhaps eggs...they are cheap and fun to just throw and see them crack!! LOL

I have seen novelty bricks at stores that if you throw them, they'll break but you can put them back again and again...not sure if they still sell that anymore or do they sell that in Oz....

of course, I am sure there may be other factors, is he being bullied? Does he feel like he's behind in school? And there could be tons of other issues...and if he's like me, he'll probably feel embarassed or uncomfortable talking to his mum about it. LOL
is he of age that maybe he likes girls and feels either embarassed about himself or the girl he likes is unapproachable?

I know we all tend to think: TS= Dopamine irregularities

but I like to think outside the box and think of it as a whole picture, one thing affects the other and that it is more than just irregular dopamines that make us tic...

that really is for EVERYONE, really...I think TSers are just more sensitive to these issues...you know, mutants (I am using that in a nice way, I think of X-men, when I think of mutants...LOL Evolution and advancements)

anyways, I am rambling on and I probably don't know what I am talking about..

"you're entering, the

zone..."

Last edited by who moi; 10-03-2008 at 10:26 AM.
who moi is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Chemar (10-03-2008), Twinkletoes (10-03-2008)