View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 04:37 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelley View Post
COuld be related to the brachial plexus and the nerves that run under the collarbone and down the arm. If the nerves are irritated it irritates the surrounding muscles and then there is pain. My is caused by TOS and I often have pain in that area. Thats my only thought.

Thanks for your input. I'm in a weird spot. I got really sick in January and spent most of the year trying to figure out what what wrong. Of all of the tests I had, the only things that came back out of norm were 2 herniated discs (c4-5 & c5-6) and an opacified right sinus. I did PT for the discs and that seemed great but then I developed neurological function symptoms and motor skills problems. After reading this reply of yours, I started to look into TOS and realized that all of my problems (including the possible Occipital Neuralgia, ear pain, breast pain and lymph node inflammation) could be explained by TOS. So here's where it's tricky. Since my sinus surgery, I have been really careful about what I do and how I sleep etc. Consequently my symptoms are very light. They are there but not bad enough to keep me from functioning (which is good) so I am thinking it might be time to stop looking for a while. I think this partly because I don't want to go through potentially expensive and painful tests only to find that they aren't showing what they would be if I was having worse symptoms and then when I AM feeling worse Dr's might not want to repeat the tests based on them being normal the last time. Does that make rational sense or should I be pressing on anyway?
dizzie lizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote