View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 03:07 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Help! Exhaustion

Hey all

It's really weird - I've lived with this beast for 4 1/2 years and the whole time I have slept maybe 2 hours a night at best... then about once a month would fall into a sort of coma where shouting/ screaming wouldnt' wake me for about 10 hours.. tiredness was something that just came with living with RSD.

now im at uni everything is changed! i am so exhausted i dont even feel human anymore... i am getting into bed at 2am and sleeping through to 7 and I don't know whats going on. I know I shouldn't be complaining but the "extra" sleep is making me feel far worse than before when only 2 hours (ok I would complain more both ways) just my joints hurt so much more and seem to be SCREAMING at me that the joints want to die.... (i know it sounds bizarre.. suicidal limbs). They just seem to hurt so much more because i have to lie like a board in bed cos i can't turn over or move independently. Also since I started sleeping more the fatigue is worse, my motor co ordination has been shot (i can't sit at all without support now cos my brain is such a fuzz box I can't remeber which muscles do what.) and all the other symptoms of RSD are so much worse....atm i can't talk, can't swallow, can't concentrate, can't think and I especially can't be in lectures. My ability to reason has totally dissapeared. I just want to go to bed and not wake up until i'm better. It's so frustrating - i LOVE uni but at this rate I will have to drop out as I just can't handle this level of pain and exhaustion anymore....
also im just so fed up - i worked so hard to get into uni and now im here i can't do anything...l i can't go out with socs cos i feel too ill, i can't keep up with work because i can barelt see my laptop through tears, double vision and dizziness and i guess im just feeling sorry for myself.

but any ideas to help deal with exhaustion would be great! thanks and thanks for listening to my whinge! ....

love

froggaxxxx