Thread: My intro :)
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 05:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Jinna,
Welcome to the forum! I've had seizures for 36 yrs. and just like you I'm photosensitive. My neuro did a special e.e.g. on me where the flashed different color storbe lights one at a time and they found that the colors florescent green, amber, and bright white like when the sun shines on the snow trigger seizures for me. What you are descibing when you get the nervous feeling in your stomach is known as a simple partial seizure also known as an aura seizure. The jerking around and being aware of what's happening could possibly be the start of a myoclonic seizure especially if it happened not to long after you had just woke up. I've found that taking vitamin B12 1000 mcg. a day to be a big help reducing my seizures. Also keep a log of your possible seizures by writing down what time they happen along with a description of the possible seizure. Write all this down on a calendar along with when you start and stop your monthly cycle because sometimes hormonal changes can cause some women to have seizures 7-10 days before their period and then again after their period. This happens because the estrogen level gets high causing excitment while the progesterone level gets low and progesterone calms the nerves. Stress and lack of sleep are the 2 main things that can trigger a seizure for a person. If you're interested check out these website to learn more about seizures.
www.epi.com
http://www.emedicine.com/neuro/index.shtml#seizures
Here's wishing you the best of luck and May God Bless You!

Sue
Porkette is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote