Thread: Is it Tarlov?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 11:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJZH View Post
Karen,

I do not think the Tarlov cyst has been associated with painful swollen joints. The painful swollen joints seem more like some form of arthritis. Just to let you know .... I had surgery on my Tarlov cyst at S2 in 2005. I did not have the results that others have had and do not recommend the surgery.

You will find that many neurosurgeons and orthopedic surgeons are quick to tell you that operating on the Tarlov cyst will not help you. Some people claim to be helped from their surgeries. I had a laminectomy at the same time as the surgery on the Tarlov cyst. I found no relief with the surgery. This is just my experience while others claim to be cured from the surgery....We all have different experiences and of course we all have very different problems. I have so much damage in my spine from arthritis that I think a simple surgery on the Tarlov cyst would never provide much relief for me. If this is the only problem you have with your spine it very well may be the cure for your problems, but it was not for me and for others who went this route.
I have had several back surgeries and am only 41. I have had laminectomy, disectomy and then had to have a csf leak repair surgery done. I have a lot of pain and am very discouraged with the physicians that I have seen so far. I have been in pain for several years since my last surgery and it has brought me to the point of perm nerve damage. None of the Dr's that I have seen really know about the TC and I keep being told that it is not the cause of my pain. If it is't that is great but what is. I was tested for autoimune disease and results came back negative.
Karen9267 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote