View Single Post
Old 10-03-2008, 11:53 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I went and saw my wonderful optometrist yesterday(if he wasn't married to a wonderful lady I think I would snap him up!!) he was the one that unofficially diagnosed me, so he will always have a soft spot in my heart.

We were talking about all my problems, meds etc, and I said we'd (us here) had been talking about pred and the pressure in eyes it causes, and he said although it can, in my case on low doses, I would be more prone to Cateracts than glucoma, oh Yay!!!!

He went on to do a huge number of tests, informed me my eyesight was near on Perfect(well I have to have one thing that works!!!!!!!) but I had VERY early stages of cateracts starting in my left eye, but not to worry because it will be years before I had to worry.

I always leave him on a high, he is so caring and concerned, and always puts your fears to rest.
redtail

ps cant believe you can get IVIG every 4 weeks, my doctor has to put in a submission so I can get it, as it is so hard to get here in Australia, its on a need basis, not first come first served, I think I need to do some blood drive campaigning!!
redtail is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote