View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 04:59 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Live with a Cyst ?

Hello everybody

In July I went to the Doctors with really bad head aches and Sickness. The sort of headaches that debilitates you its so sore.

I was then sent o a neurologist at my local hospital (just in case), and given some migraine medication and a given a CT Scan (just in case) !!

I had the scan and was told that my doctor wanted to have a quick chat ?

He passed me over to a neurosurgeon, who told me I had a colloid cyst in the third ventircal. "Go home and we shall organize a MRI scan and then call you back in " he said

Three weeks later I had the scan and was told that the Cyst was not causing the symptoms and that i was to go back to the doctor in six months time !

Mean while i am a hard working self employed business owner with four small children who is to sick to work three days in seven

Sorry to sound frustrated, i'm sure the doctor knows better, but has any body else lived with these things for any length of time ?

Are there two distinct types - symptomatic and asymptomatic ?

Is there anything I should be looking out for ? My wife recons my memory is worse and i feel tired a lot of the time, perhaps that just having 4 young kids

On the good side when I dont have the headaches I feel fine, and wonder if it was just all in my imagination.

Sorry I have just seen how long this post is, but having such a rare illness there are so few people to talk to about it, who understand it.

Many thanks in anticipation of any help.
Marc1968 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote