View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 06:59 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

The ENTIRE reason we take medications is FOR the side effects most of the time. Ellavil (amitrypilline) sp? was used predominatly as an anti depressant. in the last few decades, we have found that it does great for those in constant pain, headaches, insomnia, and so forth. Since you got it FOR sleep, it was a SIDE EFFECT that was sought as the whole reason you were given the med in the first place. I HATE when MDs/nurses wont follow the rules of common decency to tell the patients they are giving these meds to that TONS of side effects CAN and frequently do occur. Off label prescriptions are rampant today.

Botox is given OFF label FOR its side effects. it can be injected into a muscle to force it to relax. Whether that muscle is spastic and preventing you from walking, or in your face and full of wrinkles doesnt matter.

Im sorry that your MD office is so blaize about such a serious event. If you have urinary retention you have to be very careful to not over tax your kidneys. Perhaps you can try more natural remedies. melatonin, valerian, warm milk, remove all the lights from your room. NO stimulation for 3 hours before bed. no TV, no computer. read, take a warm bath, have some warm milk. Take a warm bath. Make sure your room is cool. NOT cold. cool. and so on. I bet you have tried many already.

I hope you feel better. not sleeping is miserable.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dmplaura (10-04-2008)