View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 07:12 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

You can also call your UPS office and leave notice IF you are expecting a package, that its NOT ok to leave it anywhere but YOUR door.

In my old town the UPS guy was nuts! he frequently left MY packages several streets over. He left their packages with us. Our names were NOT similar. Our streets were NOT similar. still cant figure out how he kept doing that. One Christmas time the 23rd of Dec. I got a box FULL of Omaha steaks, chops, and chickens. It was HUGE! I was missing my box full of sporting equipment for my hubby's Christmas. Tired of getting UPS involved and it taking days, I drove over to the other guys house. introduced myself, and passed them the steaks.

btw, when I called QVC they told me to keep the steaks with their compliments since I didnt order them, and they were dropped at my door. Also they would replace the steaks to the other customer, but AFTER the christmas holiday. I told QVC I would drive the steaks over myself. She told me that the customer has the right to refuse them since they are FOOD and QVC can no longer assure them the steaks have been handled properly and not tampered with. Here I am volunteering to take them and they tell me they have people tamper with them?!

Anyway, the guy had a HUGE family reunion for his moms 100th birthday, and it would have been a bust with NO steaks to feed everyone. I swear his wife was weepy. They had been on the look out all day for those steaks and had already been told the replacements wouldnt be there for days.

I was thrilled that my hubby didnt have to wait till after christmas for his hunting gear as well. All the children's gifts were in that box too. So, UPS guys can be nuts, but stealing is WRONG! that is how we got into the mess we are in financially in the US. Thinking no one is looking, its ok to take it.

Good for you to do the right thing!

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
FranksAngel (10-04-2008), Kitty (10-04-2008), Vonn07 (10-05-2008)