Thread: Bipolar Newbie
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 03:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Well yesterday was an ok day until he found out he couldn't stay at grandmas he threw a fit screaming and throwing things and proceded to kick my van door. Neighbors witnessed this and told me today he would have been going home with a black and blue butt. I just told them Anthony doesn't care about spankings been there tried that. He has high tolerence for pain. Thursday was a high day friday kinda even until 6pm today he is still kinda irritable back talking. I just don't know what disciplinem to do with him. Is there some special guidlines? Because the corner doesn't work and putting him in his room doesn't work it leads to a rage pretty much anything does. And when it comes down to a reward chart thats a joke. Just telling him how proud I am and stuff when he is good it seems like he purposely tries to be bad. Even when I tell docs hes been doing better he turns around and seems like purposley acts worse. I just don't know what to do about the psycotherapy part. And yesterday he seen councler and she agrees there has been no improvement that we need to see someone else who might have some other ideas and approach things in a different way. So he is going to see the psycologist instead of the social worker. Which I would have preffered all around. chreey