View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 03:23 PM
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Wise Elder

15 yr Member
Default Want to put some pics on a cd rom thingee

Okay!!

My niece send me photos of me and Alan when we used to weigh 300 plus pounds. I never laughed so hard in all my life.

Alan wants me to copy these things from my "my pictures" folder to a cd rom so we can take it to the Kodak store and print them out.

Now I've only burned Audio files to a CdRW.

And the only cd rom thingees that I have in the house are MEMOREX, 4x rewrite speed CD-RW thingees.

So I took one, and placed in my Lightscribe DVD Writer/Cd-Writer thing that's in my computer. I actually have two cd rom drives. One says Cd-rom and the other is the Lightscribe thing.

I brought up the picture (this time it was in something called a Window Fax viewer) and on the bottom, it gives you lots of options.

I clicked on "save it", and I chose Drive E (which I believe is the Lightscribe thing). It kept saying "audio drive", or something to that effect.

Then when I thought I copied it, I went to My computer, I clicked on Drive E, and on the screen it gave me

Files waiting to be copied (and there was the picture),

and then it said "Files on the cd", and it said "One track".

So is this CD Rom thingee that I have in the drive, well is it the correct kind of thing to put photos on, or do I have to purchase some special cd rom thingee that you can copies photos to?

And if I have the wrong thingee, what do I need to buy? and where do I buy it? Maybe the Kodak guy sells the cd roms things?

I have no clue. Thanks much.

CONSUMER REPORTER
SPROUT-LADY

MelodyL is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote