View Single Post
Old 10-04-2008, 07:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks

I told him today that I am going to start going to Al-Anon meetings. I need them in my life right now. I told him that I'm dealing with some inner emotions and need a support group right now, as we certainly can't afford $25/week for me to see a therapist at this point (never mind the scheduling, transportation, etc that comes with that...meetings are only 2 blocks over)
I've known to expect that somehow he may shift blame in some way. Sure enough, it came in the form of, "everything was fine between us, no tension, until you started spending time with your mom a couple weeks ago." I said, "what tension? I'm just stressed right now, my emotions are getting me down, al-anon also works at self-esteem, and I could really use the meetings, this has nothing to do with my mom and I still love you, I'm not doing this because of anything you've done, I'm doing this to help me feel better."

I figure, if anything needs to be said about my having suspicions about him drinking again--which I can't prove and I'm not about to try to prove, I'd rather have a sponser behind me

Thanks all, for being here

"Thanks for this!" says:
dorrie (10-13-2008), SandyC (10-05-2008)