View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 05:58 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Duncan,

Welcome, I'm new here also. I am not sure what all of your symptoms mean, but I know I have had very similar symptoms after my car accident. I was diagnosed in the ER with concussion, Post-Concussive Syndrome, two broken ribs, etc. But as in your case, not much was done. The ambulatory team simply sent me home after determining my blood pressure and that I had a pulse, so they were even worse.

What did help was getting an MRI, so that there was "concrete" evidence that I DID (and still do) have brain damage resulting from this particular accident. At least I didn't think I was crazy anymore - the Doctors in the ER were saying if they thought I needed an MRI at 4 a.m. they would order one; but the thing was, no one was there to run the thing so it was out of the question. I had to get a referral and then they finally (two weeks later) located the origin of my problems. I don't want to sound discouraging, but perhaps you should look into getting an MRI done, just to be on the safe side of things and, even tho' sometimes it's not what you want to see or hear (as in my case), it is a relief, because if people / family around you doubt that you're feeling horrid (as they did in my case) at least you have proof right there in your hand.

Also - brain and neck injuries can and do get worse so they should be checked out. If you can find a really GOOD chiropractor (I seem to have found a good one) - and I say this with caution because there are some out there who will only want you coming back for more - then by all means, go get adjusted. But make sure you get some good referrals first, don't just go to the first one in the phone book.

Research on the net if you are able to (I know I couldn't use the computer much at all during my first 2 weeks) - you will be able to connect a lot with what you are going through - I know I did. At 2 weeks out - you could still be dealing with PCS (post-concussive) issues, and those may go away sooner or later (hopefully sooner) and you won't have any more to worry about. But I would worry about the injury to your neck, and it wouldn't hurt to get some images of your neck and an MRI of your brain just to see if something didn't get knocked loose - I have a couple marbles missing myself So you're in good company.

My symptoms which I have still (some 4 weeks after my car accident) are similar to yours which is why I responded to your post:

- extreme tiredness (can't even get through a single day)...
Not me before the wreck, as anyone would tell you!

- inability to concentrate

- inability to process information

That inability to process information could be brain-related also; it was in my case. So be careful not to fall into the assumption the doctors at the ER make a lot of times - that its PCS and will go away in "four weeks" The bottom line is, if they aren't looking into your brain on CT scan or MRI, they do not know. I had to find that out for myself the hard way. So see if you can get an MRI if you can afford it and have health insurance. It's better to be safe than sorry - as the old saying goes. Take care, I hope you find a way around your injuries... and back to yourself. I'm still looking for me. I know I'm somewhere around here, lol
tigress is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (10-11-2008)