View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 12:01 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Chalk me up as one of the Dog Whisperer fans. I am almost done reading his book. We have applied his techniques to our dogs and have seen improvement in them. My younger dog is part choc lab/ part pit and I was worried about the pit in her but we fell in love with her so I figured that we needed to know what is the best way to train her to always have control over her. She is a very gentle dog and I have met quite a few smaller dogs who are much more apt to bite.

So while looking for books to learn about dog training I came across Cesar and when we upgraded the cable we found him on the National Geographic channel. I watch as often as I can and now the kids are watching too. My son has a natural talent when it comes to animals, they seem to migrate to him and the he can walk up to any stray dog and read the tag so we can find their home. Of course this means that I have had my share of lost dogs at my house. We will even stop and pick up a dog that is loose by a busy street. One time I had a great dane in my back seat, now that was fun. He is leaning towards a career that involves working with animals. He has wanted to be a marine biologist since the third grade so we have always encouraged him with trips to aquariums and such. Anyway, I think that Cesar is very talented and to those who think he is inhumane, I say find some other tree to bark up...Sue

Everyone is born, but not everyone is born the same. Some will grow to be butchers, or bakers, or candlestick makers. Some will only be really good at making Jell-O salad. One way or another, though, every human being is unique, for better or for worse. - Narrator (From the movie Matilda)

snoozie is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote