View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 12:02 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It is nerve based. Pudendal nueralgia.
My pain level is lower in the morning, and i wish I had my students in the morning and ended at 2. My pain increases as the day goes on and it seems to be really noticable and painful around 4 or 5 oclock.
I read that the thearaputic dose for Neurontin is around 1800mg or more, depends on the individual, so i will call my dr on Monday to see if he can in crease my dosage more. I just wondered once i get to the desired or theraputic dose, how long does one stay on the dosage to see its effectiveness? Would I stay on 1800mg for 4 weeks? I also notice that many people take a tricyclcic antidepressant with an anticonvulsant for nerve pain... would I ask for that? I know it is trial and error, it is just hard to have patience when you can't sit and you have burning pain.

Lovetolaugh---
thank you so much for responding. i hope you are doing better with your pain as well. I don't know what my goal dosage is.. it might be 1800. I started out at 300 for a week, went to 600 for 2 days and then my dr upped it to 900 ( just been on it for 3 days). I know i am impatient, but I have the burning at 900mg and really think more is needed.. although I am not the expert. So it has been about 12 days thus far on the meds. I can tolerate it well, so I thought it would behoove me to see about an increase. I heard about Elavil as well relieving some pain... and I know it can make you tired. I really appreciate your response, and have to see how things work. It is hard to not get frustrated. I don't even know how I ended up with this illness, although it may have been from muscle spasms and chronic constipation irritating the nerve.
I am sorry to hear that you had a bad experience with the Lyrica. So you did like the Elavil for nerve pain? What dosage did you take?

thank you
jess18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
weegot5kiz (10-11-2008)