View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 12:19 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Oh MY!! Melody, you are one...

in a million!

I know what you mean about 'scales' tho, when I go to 2 of my docs, I declare that they are 'fixed' to add anywhere from 5-10 lbs to MY RECORD!
MY scale has been consistent for ages, and the various docs' scales either add or subtract the extra poundage. THEY ALL INSIST that theirs' are checked each year. Well, when you get a 10-20 lb variation from your own scale, it's nice to instantly lose weight on one....and NOT nice to gain on the other. I protest, than am assured not to worry as long as I'm 'consistent'. DUH? Since I get IVIG, and, it's weight dosed...IF I'd a choice, I'll take the upper # for the 'JUICE', thank you, and the lower # for all else? Of course, things don't work that way in real life do they?

Check out your new year's changes for your insurance...some are now including PS for the excess skin of weight loss...read all that FINE PRINT...who knows? It mite be there...docs do have to jump thru hoops tho to pre-clear/authorize it and get it all going. Just be apprised of the pros and cons of that type of surgery tho. I've a friend who went the gastric bypass route and recently had the PS done for the extra 'skin', after losing more than half her original body weight thruout that process. I think 10 lbs of excess skin was taken? [BTW I just spent the AM reading about such plan inclusions and other exclusions]

All that said, GINA? How are ya? Besides, svelte, that is... Hugs in heaps! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote