View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 12:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question

Artist...
Ok..I am confused??

I got on here this morning, all worried because it was all over the morning News that some HUGE Earthquake (8.something??? ) had hit Japan?!!!? AND that some Huge MONSTER of a Tidal Wave was heading to swamp Japan and I don't even know where all else,but it sounded like all of the coasts anywhere around, including China and Russia....even Alaska was under a Tidal Wave Warning thingy??

Now....I don't know much about Geography, I will admit. I didn't have to take it in high school (one of the horrible things about going to high school in Alabama), but I DO know that China is a whole lot closer to Japan than Alaska is? And that a Big Mamma Jamma of a whopping 8.something earthquake might be felt in otherwheres?

But, I also know that I am one of those people that have absolutely NO concept of distance (or barely any...I am a little better than I used to be) it is one of the reasons that I am also one of those people that is directionally challenged and couldn't find my way out of a paper sack (well...I could, I just wouldn't know where to go after that. LOL...And at one time I wouldn't have been able to. My SON sure can't. It seems to run in our family; my Grandmother was the same way. I think that is it some type of Learning Disability type of thing, myself....I know that it sure does make life HARD! And you sure do feel like a Fool most of the time, and get LOTS of funny and exasperated looks and loud blowing sighs from folks. LOL Thank GOD that I can read a friggin road map, though. Lots of folks that are directionally challenged can not do that, so I am at least a head of the game there. LOL)). So, I could have everything totally wrong, and you could be as far away from Japan as Alaska is...or further.

So..basically..... Did you feel the Earthquake? Did you have any damage at all? Everything Ok? No aftershock problems? I know that when that one hit Hawaii, Dana had troubles with all of the aftershocks, some of which were almost as strong as the initial Earthquake. And...no major flooding still?

I am a supreme worry wart. So, please, when you get the chance (I know that there is a huge time difference, what with you being on the wrong side of the world and all...ROFL), will you please let this weirdo worry wart know what you and your house and everything is all A-Ok? Pretty Please? With Sugar On top? And a Cherry (or strawberry, or whatever)?

LOL. Seriously, though. OK?

((Hugs))
Jose
Joselita is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote