Thread: Bipolar Newbie
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 05:49 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thank you both for your words. Yesterday went ok. Today was different. He threw his shoe at his grandma and all she wanted to do was so grandpa that his knew shoes were already worn out that he needed knew. I gave the shoe back to him 4 times until he finally handed it to halfway nicely. Then Anthonys uncle and cousins came over and he never acts up around my uncle. Well my uncle got a little taste of what dealing with a bipolar child is like. Anthony was arguing with everyone and throwing basketballs at them. I had to make him go to his grandma she was trying to talk to him again and he was focused on arguing. Then he hit me and I pinned him down. Then I got a phone call had to get the baby who was next door at other grandparents. So I carried my 9 year old with me for a time out and he is fighting me kicking me finally I had to ask my uncle for help. He came in and talked to him and got him taking some deep breaths and calming down. Usuallythat wouldn't work but he wouldn't dare hit orkick my uncle. It took a lot of energy out of him. But when family members open there mouths its like ok go read the bipolar child the book will explain it all. So I may have to make up some of those cards they may come in handy. His one grandma told the councler she thought he was doing better. When he starts to cycle or rage I ask her if she calls this better? I just hope the medication starts to help or they find the right one. Before the time comes where he has to be hospitalized. I really wish they would do a partial but Im not sure if that would mess him up emotionally more than he already is and make him hate me. chreey