View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 01:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Absolutely barometric pressure in my opinion. And the dampness really gets to me as well. This is the first year I didn't go camping in many years, its just too damp, even sleeping in a tent trailer. I hurt so bad the last time I went, it was no fun at all.
I tell people that I am a human barometer!
The pain goes from probably a 6-7 on a good day, to an 8 or higher when
them weather is bad.
A few years ago I took a trip to Az, to see how much the climate would affect my pain levels, and found it to be much better for me out there.
I really felt a lot better out there, I was there for a full month, so I could get a good feel for the weather. Part of it may have been the new environment, and all the new things to see, that may have taken my mind off the pain to some degree, but overall, I was in about 1/2 the pain I am in here in NH.
I would move out there, if I though I could find a good doctor that would continue my pain meds. Its just that the thought of moving is so overwhelming to me, I've been in the same home for 25 years, and it would take me 2 years to get ready to move. I don't know if I could handle a move in my condition, plus who wants to move to somewhere with no friends at all, it would be too lonely out there by myself.
Maybe somday, I'll get the courage to do it, but for now, I guess its
good old New England, and putting a extra log on the fire....

Peace
Rags
Ragtop is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote