View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 09:44 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, thank you for taking the time to help me. My meds are stored in the same exact place since about 2002. We have Central Heat/Air and I am very sensitive to temperature changes, as well as humidity. Our home is 76-78 degrees in the summer and 68-72 degrees in the winter. I keep a digital read out next to my chair, so I can see, as well as feel humidity changes. Our area is very dry in the summer months. VERY dry with no rain for months.

Are they stored in a warm or humid area? No.

Do you store them in a different place or did something change in the heating of the room?
Nothing has changed. That is why I am so puzzled.

Have you tried storing them in a cooler room or area to see if they still do it? There aren't any "cooler" rooms in the house. I can keep them in a refrigerator if that would help.

The only changes are the vitamins MRSD suggested. I now put SloMag, Vitamin D, etc. in the container. The pharmacist used tweezers to lift the individual "pills" out, noting nexium and flomax were sticking to each other. I have used both for at least 2 years and they never did that before. SloMag has orange "dye" on it from the Neurontin capsule.

My BRAND NEW pill container has this same moisture in it now. The "liquid" is clear and a very small quantity.

Plan B is to get one of the container with 8am, 10am, noon, etc. on it, THEN put my capsules together. Medication pills together. Vitamins together. NOW I CAN MONITOR WHICH GROUP STICKS TOGETHER.

The Walgreen's Pharmacist suggested cleaning the sticky substance out with alcohol, not
hot water and soap. He also said not to clean the container before I used it. I followed his instructions.

What is so frustrating is that I have used mostly the same pills in the same container through MANY, MANY seasons. Same Air Conditioner/Heater. Same carpet, same wooden end table with a glass top, same wooden drawer, yada yada yada. Sorry, my frustrations are showing through. ONLY vitamins have changed. Maybe MRSD can think of something in the vitamins that might cause this change. I have seen white powder in the container on a couple of occasions. Not sure why.

Any suggestions appreciated......Dave