View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 10:10 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Shelley,

Thanks for your input. That's what I was thinking too. I might as well try to contain it with being careful and exercises that the doctor would tell me to do anyway. I've wanted to try to start doing pilates and yoga again but I have a leg injury that makes most of those positions difficult. I feel like I just started falling apart for no reason about 2 years ago. It's very frustrating when the answer to one ailment means poking another bear you just got to sleep. I stopped doing my neck exercises because they started to make my neck hurt as if I was overextending it in the other direction. I'm also stuck with my lifestyle needs in that I have to carry a small amount of stuff around with me all day as I live in NYC and have to walk/train everywhere. My backpack hadn't been a problem but is starting to be and the rolling case I have puts strain on my neck whenever I have to carry it up and down steps (about 6 times on an average day). The rolling case is heavy empty and the backpack is relatively light but looks heavy because it's big. The one thing that was helping me feel better was playing adult league volleyball. The new season is starting soon so hopefully that will continue to help and not make anything worse. Sorry if I am rambling now but I don't have anyone outside of this board who really understands.
dizzie lizzy is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote