View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 02:23 PM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

Here is an excerpt from the article.
Quote:
In many ways, Handler is the ultimate empowered patient. "I learned that I must always remain in control, double-check everyone's work, and trust no one completely," Handler wrote of his approximately eight months in the hospital. "I must have been sheer hell to be around. But I know that my cantankerousness saved my life on several occasions."
In his books "It's Only Temporary," and "Time on Fire," Handler wrote that during his months in the hospital, he was given intravenous drugs that were supposed to go to another patient, that nurses tried to give him medications his doctors had forbidden for him and that staff members refused to follow the hospital's posted hygiene precautions for immunosuppressed patients like himself...
Kami,

I've never really had a completely satisfactory hospital experience. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to medical care, so when things aren't right, I'm generally a very squeaky wheel. My local hospital hasn't had a good track record for the times I've been admitted. I hope I never have to be there unconscious, knowing what they've done in the past.

Turn Left at the next election.

RRMS DX 01/28/03 Started Copaxone again on 12/09/09
ewizabeth is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote