View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 04:17 PM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
I have a question as to how significantly can ALA affect blood sugar levels?

I had a 2 hr GTT in mid September. The resulrs were that my blood sugar level was 95. I have been taking 800 mg daily since about mid June. When the GTT was scheduled I had planned to hold off the ALA for a week prior to taking the GTT. However, the GTT appt. slipped up on me and I did not do that. I did remember to stop taking the ALA the day prior to the GTT.

Have I been taking ALA long enough (do I have enough of it in my system) to push my blood sugar levels down so as to present a false GTT response?

Thanks for your responses!
I am not sure I understand. When during the test was your sugar 95? On fasting? At the end? on the first draw?

I don't recall reading explanations of how long alpha lipoic acid lasts in the body exerting the lowered blood sugar effect.
If I find an answer, I will come back to this thread.

If your sugar level was 95 on fasting before the test, is this lower than before?

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote