View Single Post
Old 10-06-2008, 11:11 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I did this alcohol thing soon after I got rsd and it didn't bother me at all. Over the last almost 6 years I've put alcohol on my skin many times and still have no reaction whatsoever to it. I guess like with everything else and rsd what bothers one does not bother another person at all!

One thing though, Abbie....have you had touch sensitivity from the start and also is your skin normally cold or warm/hot to the touch? I should have said 2 things! LOLOL I noticed where you say it "drops the skin temp in that area". It occured to me that if your skin is already feeling ice cold, then you wouldn't notice any drop in skin temp. For me, I only had sensitivity to air until about 2 yrs or 2 1/2 yrs ago and my skin has always felt freezing cold to touch.

Now I'm wondering if people with "hot/warm" rsd react this way too, and only them or do some of us with "cold" rsd have a reaction to alcohol as well. Anyone else have any experiences, pertaining to skin temp vs the alcohol thing??

There was only 1 thing that I reacted very badly to, that didn't bother me at all before rsd. That is Nair. Yup, the easiest way to shave ever and that stuff, with in seconds of me putting it on my legs, started my skin burning so bad I swear I expected to look down and see flames coming off my legs!!!!! Hubby scrubbed my legs to get it off as fast as he could and I still felt it. It took almost 24 hours for it to calm down again. Needless to say I never repeated that again! LOL How about anyone else? Any bad reactions to Nair or other stuff like that?

Hugs,

Karen

Living, loving and laughing with RSD for 14 years and counting.
GalenaFaolan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Summertime (10-07-2008)