View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 12:28 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default where to turn and what to do

I am new to the forum and very impressed with the wealth of knowledge that is here.
I am a 33y male with a 17 year history of a bronchoplearal Fistula. November 2007 I had my 8th and hopefully last lung operation. Now that I finally got the fisula squared away, I am have an awful time with what I feel is malnutrition. 4 months post surgery my bilirubin elevated only to the poing of my eyes being yellow and I dropped 20 pounds in a matter of a month (163 to 143). Along with the weight loss came a bunch of other symptoms I have never experienced in the past and from what I can tell is that they are all associated with what I eat. The symptoms include light-headedness, dizziness (like my head is floating), ringing in the ears, tingling in extremities, Shortness of breath, very anxious, heart palpitations and constant burning in my stomach. A GI Doc diagnosed me with Gilberts Syndrome and that the weight loss was due to the stress of the surgery and the month and a half of antibiotics. I was on Meropenum IV and Cipro po. He ran every gastro-test under the moon including a PET scan and found nothing. He ran basic blood work all values were normal. So he put me on nexium (no longer taking) and sent me on my merry way. I managed to stop eating wheat products through research and narrowing down what foods I was eating that was causing my symptoms.

After a couple of months I was doing well and started gaining weight back but now all my symtoms are coming back and I really think I have some sort of vitamin deficiency. I am very frustrated and don't know where to turn. Any help would be greatly appiciated!!!!

I wanted to mention that when I take a multi-vitamin, after a couple of days I start feeling worse than I was before taking them.

Thanks in advance,

Woody
Cardiokid is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote