View Single Post
Old 11-15-2006, 03:21 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Melody, I need to pick your....

BRAIN....I'm hypoglycemic, and my Alan counterpart has type 2 diabetes. While I've learned about managing my hi's and lo's any research I've done essentially treats them THE SAME. I really don't think they are, tho some diet aspects are very much the same others are not. Can you point me to some basics in terms of reference sites? The ADA seems to want you to BUY their books to find out. Rite now, I simply want to 'eliminate' the diabetic no-no's from the house and let him put the blame on 'splurges' elsewhere.

I guess the complication is that slow digesting CARBS an evil word in diabetes are the things that help ME the most....I've no gluten sensitivity issues [been tested and zilch] so, I'm asking, I think, is what alternatives to the potatoes, corn, pastas and breads can I offer as nosh-friendly 'fillers'. Simply put, how/what should be in my fridge aside from the veggies? There have to be some goodies I can entice for noshing....

Maybe this should be under the diabetes thread or gluten, or nutrition, or whatever. But, I not only CRAVE carbs, but more than CRAVE RED MEAT...tho I've had little for quite a while.. Makes me feel like a vampire. Melody and all, thanks in advance for any guidance! - j
dahlek is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote