View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 03:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by savannah View Post
In reading these post I hear depression, inability to concentrate and focus is a classical symptom of depression. depression is a disease and like PN the symptoms can't be seen but they are just as real. For example: disturbed sleep, anxiety, hopelessness, trouble with word finding, memory problems, not being able to focus on metal tasks (reading) , trouble concentrating, loss of motivation, feeling overwhelmed, etc.
That said many of the medications used to treat PN cause similar symptoms especially brain fog.
Some people are using a low dose ritalin or provigal to improve concentration and social interactions.
Hello ( New here - sort of )

I've had this since all my Neuropathy woes started back in 99 and have similiar experinces of , loss of focus , boredoom as others here experince.

I personally dont feel it has anythign to with being depressed , at least for me , and find that big part of the problem for me seems to be down to vizualisation and association .

This isnt just restricted to reading - it can happen in films and esp audio tapes as well depending on the readers voice.

Maybe this isnt the same for other here but for me I noticed a direct connection since my ability to visualize / meditate vanished , ironically at the same time I started becoming aware of my neuropathy.
melon is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote