View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 06:05 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGMAN131307 View Post
I've had this ever increasing leg (thigh) pain for over two years now. The pain includes: aching pain, numbness, tingling, sharp pains, etc.. I've been on various pain medications, with no luck. My doctor also had me get various tests
(blood, bone scan, ultrasound, etc.)

Does my pain sound like it could be a case of Meralgia Paresthetica ?
You should see a Pain Management DR. A good one. Get online and research your area if you don't already see one. You very well could have RSD (Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy) or now known as CRPS. Check out these sites and look at the symptoms listed.If you do infact have RSD "normal" pain meds will not work. You will need a neuro related med. I take anti-seizure meds that work as pain meds...

I have had RSD/ CRPS since I was 13 and am now 28 years old. I have it in my right toe, foot, leg, groin and lower back. I have tried NUMEROUS meds but am currently on Neurontin 4800mg,Tegretol XR 800mg, Tramadol 300mg, Effexor XR 75mg, Voltaren 400mg, (1) Lidoderm patch all daily. Which is less than in the past but my neurontin is wayyy more then it ever use to be. I have tried Cymbalta before I went to Effexor but I had too many side effects. I also tried Lyrica and seen GREAT results but you can't take more then (8) 75mg per day and was self medicating 16 daily. So I switched back to neurontin to be able to up the dosage.
I am currently having more break through pain and would love to talk to someone about some of the meds they have tried so I can discuss more options with my Drs.
I take the following for these reasons:
Neurontin - burning pain, tegretol - shooting pain in my spine & legs, tramadol-breakthrough pain, effexor- pain & depression caused by pain, voltaren - anti inflamatory, lidoderm patch - numb nerve pain in localized area.
KelliS79 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote