View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 06:20 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Dear Sandra -

I thought it was an interesting article and one that ties in well to another recent piece I just attached to a posting under the "Inflamation, any tips to reduce" thread:
. . . there's been recent work done that shows the mechanism of "Association of catastrophizing with interleukin-6 responses to acute pain," Robert R. Edwards at al, Pain epub 2008.07.24, a copy of which is attached for anyone who's interested. It's a very interesting article that can probably be read on a number of levels, but it basically demonstrates that “catastrophizing” produces inflammatory cytokines in and of itself. . . ."
http://neurotalk.psychcentral.com/thread55412.html

I have a pdf copy of the Fiorentino article to which you refer and will be happy to email it to anyone who drops me their email in a PM. (It's too large to attach here.)

What's going on here is that people have for a long time been saying "I see cytokines, therefore RSD must be inflammatory in origin." I know that I took myself out to Johns Hopkins a couple of years ago and sought to get in on a trial of an anti IL-6 drug: fortunately I was refused. The message here is that a number of folks, including perhaps even Anna Louse Oaklander, M.D., may have gotten the causality on this thing backwards. See, "Editorial: RSD/CRPS: The end of the beginning," Pain, epub 2008.08.06, a copy of which is attached.

Mike

Last edited by fmichael; 10-07-2008 at 06:41 PM.
fmichael is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta jewell (10-13-2008), Sandel (10-08-2008)