View Single Post
Old 10-08-2008, 12:03 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member
Default Hi SandyC

Euuuuuw! Centipede's crawling on you. Thats something I would never forget either. You had a mean brother. I know that you love,and have forgiven him,but those things where cruel,scary,and not right.

When I was about 14,I had a pea shooter. I was blowing the pea out of the straw,and it went down my throat. That was my first panic attack. I thought that I was going to choke,and die. It came back,and left for a long time. It felt like a emotional cloud would come over me,then I would feel pins,and needles on my face,then I thought that I was going to choke. I have not mentioned this before,but that was my first panic attack.

My second big panic attack happened at a military Academy when I was about 16. We where sitting at attention,and the Commandant was angry,and I started shaking in the back of my neck,and I couldn't stop it,and my mind went into a whirl wind of panic. After that second panic attack,I never was able to shake off the anxiety again. I went to the infirmary,and they basically kicked me out after awhile. They thought that I was making it up. Wrong!!! This was back in the spring of 1969. They new nothing in those days about anxiety problems. They thought that it was all in your head,and that you could shake it off.

My mothers side of the family has a history of anxiety,and these type of things.

Later I had panic attacks where I was scared out of my wits. I felt like I was having heart attacks,with a stinging chest,and sensations that are hard to explain.

The Biochemical reactions in our brains are hindered according to scientists. After that second attack,it branched out into dozens of phobias. Then I started getting chronic anxiety,and ended up with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder,with depression. These traits are inherited.

I had fear of driving over bridges,heights,elevators,siting in the front row with people behind me,crowds,dentists chairs,barbers chairs,and etc.,etc,etc.

I also got over allot of them,by doing those things. I still have a underlying problem with some of them,but not as bad.

The panic attacks are not like they use to be,but I get a pain in my chest from anxiety. This is what I'm struggling with now,and the OCD,and depression. The depression goes away,then comes back. It's been difficult,because no one seems to really understand it,unless they have been through it. It's complicated. Brokenfriend
"Thanks for this!" says:
SandyC (10-08-2008), Twinkletoes (10-08-2008)